Download manuals, bill of quantity, submission sheets, case studies and other technical information on the Terraforce range, for free.
Terraforce blocks adhere to local and international standards having undergone extensive laboratory testing – based on SANS 207, BS 8806 and ASTM-D6916-18 – by professional accreditation agencies over the last 4 decades. In addition, licensed manufacturers must adhere to strict minimum specification and regular compressive strength tests as set out by Terraforce Head office, ensuring that the end user is supplied a quality product.
Test References – Reports available on request
All documents are in PDF format.
DESIGN, SPECIFICATION & INSTALLATION (ebooks)
Terraforce Design Guide 2022
Please register here to access the two-part guide, “Section 1 Gravity Retaining Walls”, and “Section 2 Reinforced Soil Retaining Structures”, respectively. Should you have any questions contact us [email protected].
NEW PRESENTATION: presentation on Terraforce Design Procedure
1. Corner details. “Terraforce CAN turn a corner”:
2. Basic visual installation guides:
Guide 1 (L Range) | Guide 2 (4×4 Step Block) | Guide 3 (Palm Jumeirah)
Step by Step case studies
3. Notes on the installation of seating arenas:
- Step by Step case study. Terracrete domestic driveway installation: presentation on Terraforce Design Procedure
- Step by Step case study. Rock face wall, United Kingdom: click here
- Step by Step case study: Beachfront erosion control, Fairmont, Ajman, UAE: click here
Notes and guidelines on seating arenas
4. Introduction to Terraforce:
Terraforce Retaining Blocks
Block spec-sheets (brief product summary/overview in PDF):
6. Detailed Minimum Specifications:
7. Bill of quantity:
Full bill of quantity
8. Most commonly asked questions about Terraforce:
Question & Answers
9. Design manuals & test reports:
10. Questionnaires for design assistance for the following wall types:
- EVALUATION REPORT ER-5448 Issued February 1, 2002 ICBO Evaluation Service, Inc. – 5360 Workman Mill Road, Whittier, California 90601: I.C.B.O.report
- Guide to design of TERRAFORCE L13 Retaining walls prepared for TERRAFORCE cc by HAWKINS HAWKINS & OSBORN, consulting engineers: Guide-to-design-2008
- Combined design manual for gravity and composite retaining: Design manual
- 5/2002 – Newsletter: Terraforce complies with 2002 Building Code.
- Shear tests, 2018, determining shear strength between closed face Terraforce blocks and geo-grids in accordance with ASTM-D6916-18, by Johan Joubert, Wave International and Curtin University, Perth, Australia.
For a gravity wall
For a near vertical wall
For a terraced wall
11. Submission sheets:
For gravity walls
For composite walls
12. Input values:
Terraforce Retaining Block details and input values
13. Concrete Manufactures Awards (CMA) awards:
70/S/98 | 77/S/00 | 13/2002 | 39/2004 | 9/2006 | 9/2007 | 9/2008 | 9/1010 | 10/2012
14. Terraflora: a guide to planting indigenous plants on your retaining wall:
PLANTING YOUR RETAINING WALL (ebook)
EROSION CONTROL AND INFRASTRUCTURE
T-NEWS (CASE STUDIES) IN PDF: FOR DOWNLOAD