Submission sheet for mass gravity retaining walls
To download the updated versions in PDF format:
|Retaining wall detail / Submission sheet|
|Block type||Height (H)||Type|
|Height (h)||Tilt angle (ß)||l1|
|Width (B)||Surface angle (i)||l2|
|Height of keys (Hk)||l3|
|Keys per m2||Keyless height (Ho)||d1|
layer width (c)
|Title: TERRAFORCE retaining wall detail|
- Retaining wall to be constructed of Terraforce precast concrete blocks. (Type as indicated.)
- Blocks placed as shown and to be filled with well tamped topsoil.
- For walls retaining clay or shale, provide a free draining sand layer behind wall. Backfill to be well rammed in 150mm layers.
- Drainage outlet pipes to be provided at toe of slope and to be capped with geotextile.
- Stormwater cut-off drain is to be provided above the wall where necessary.
- Ground under all bases to be of approved granular material well compacted prior to constructing base.
- The engineer is to be notified of any variations of levels or dimensions shown.
- Minimum concrete strength for concrete foundations to be 20MPa at 28 days (to be designed accordingly).
- Shear keys with a minimum design shear stress of 0,3N/mm² are to be installed as indicated. i.e. 75 x 75 mm 1:4 cement or crusher-sand mortar or 40mm H.D.P.E Class 6 pipe sections.
- No services or trenches permitted immediately in front of the retaining wall.
- Maximum superimposed loading as indicated behind wall (surcharge).
- Concrete keys to be class 1 mortar or 15Mpa concrete.
- Please refer to the Terraforce construction manual and the guide to Terraforce L13 retaining walls for further detalls.
- The Terraforce block retaining wall design spreadsheet can also be used to assist in the design process.